Thursday, October 13, 2011

"To the founder of our feast..."

Photobucket
          Joseph Gaydos, 1922 - 2005

I just realized what today was, and it's truly a bittersweet and yet happy day for myself, my family, and in a sense, for 3DF.

October 13th is my late grandfather, Joe Gaydos' birthday.  If he were still with us, he would've have been 89 years young.  He was a wonderful man, and I miss him very dearly, as he was truly one of the few that never made me feel unbelievably ridiculous for all my creative, wacky schemes and plans.  When I was upset, he told me, gently, how it was.  If I was right, he'd say so.  If I was wrong, he'd calmly talk me to me and help me see another point of view.  He was a great father to my late uncle, my mom, and my aunt, and he was an equally great grandfather to myself, my brother, and our two younger cousins.

It's because of him that I truly got into audio-drama.  He would constantly play different things from his younger days on his radio for me.  Sometimes it was a song, and sometimes it was a radio-play from his era, and I loved it.  I love movies and videos as much as the next person, but as a child, being able to picture it for myself was this whimsical, exciting thing.  I still have an overactive imagination.  My mom says that's necessary for someone in my position who has a talent for writing and a great love of theater.  And it was my grandfather who helped nurture that, ultimately being a huge inspiration to begin 3DF Productions.

So today, I'd like everyone to take a moment to join me and say "Happy birthday!" to him.  All my love to him, and I'm sure he's partying up in Heaven somewhere. ::salutes him::

(Major thank you to my Aunt Jodie for having a picture of him on her facebook!  Thank you so much! :))

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Founder of our crew! It is an auspicious day and we celebrate you.
    For without you we would not have gathered together here.
    With your lovely granddaughter that brings us such cheer.

    ReplyDelete