Saturday, July 14, 2012

3DF Honors Dave Kelter

Photobucket

So, today's a very special day for a very special person. And on 3DF, that's a pretty big deal.

I'm very fortunate to have the most loving family in the world. In a time when a lot of imagination and creativity has become suppressed, my family has been very supportive and encouraging in many of 3DF's endeavors. I know of few parents and siblings who would take time out of a busy schedule to record a guest spot. You've heard all of the Kelter household at some point or another. My brother has played a few small roles, including Timber in Black Butler: The Spider's Intention. My mother is a regular with 3DF, being the "narrative" voice of Turnabout Reminiscence and Paula in Black Butler: My Fair Lady. I guess those you could kind of expect. My brother's always wanted to be an actor, and Mom's been doing voices for me since I was a kid and she read me bed time stories.

And then there's my Dad. :) He was a cop for 29 years, a big guy with a very tough reputation and a heart of gold. Long and short of it, not someone you would expect to just get behind a microphone and record a couple of lines for a radio-play. And yet, he's done it. I tried to make it easy for him, casting him in roles that he's played in real life, mostly police oriented. You can currently hear him in Act 3 of Turnabout Reminiscence, where he has a one-liner as a courthouse baliff.

But he's had a bigger role before, and with The Dark Knight Rises coming to movie theaters next week, I think it's an appropriate time to let this be heard. Those who have been with me since Day 1 remember an unreleased project that started it all, Batman: Chronicles of Arkham. Well, I couldn't imagine anyone better for the role of Commissioner Gordon than my own father. He only had a short 20 second scene, but he did a wonderful job.

Thus, in honor of his birthday this weekend, I release this for the first time to the public. A rough original cut from Chronicles, featuring the voices of P.J. Simmers as Batman and Dave "The Commish" Kelter, Sr. as Commissioner Gordon. If you would like to see the lovely original trailer, made by our very own Jason Marnocha, be sure to check it out here!

To Dad: Thank you for everything. I don't say that as often as I should, and I know I'm not always the easiest person to deal with. But know that everything you do is appreciated more than you know. Love you and happy birthday! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment